Delaware Court of Chancery
The Delaware Court of Chancery is internationally acclaimed for its expertise in resolving business disputes. Our litigators have extensive experience in the Court of Chancery, including:
- Represented controlling stockholders in dispute related to control of a television network.
- Represented public e-commerce company against claim that former employee was entitled to certain stock-based compensation.
- Represented cannabis company in appraisal action.
- Represented architectural firm in dispute arising from acquisition of a smaller firm.
- Represented numerous public and private companies in connection with post-closing claims for fraud and breaches of representations and warranties or earn-out provisions in connection with sales of Delaware companies.
- Represented litigation trustee pursuing fiduciary duty claims against former directors and officers of a corporation that went bankrupt.
- Represented mining company responding to stockholder demand to inspect corporate records.
- Represented trust beneficiary suing trustees for breaches of fiduciary duty in overseeing businesses held in trust.
- Represented business process outsourcing provider in appraisal action.
- Represented nominal defendant during fiduciary duty action against directors relating to an internalization of a formerly external manager.
- Represented preferred stockholder in expedited litigation enforcing preferential rights.
- Represented independent directors of a startup pharmaceutical company in a control action and related breach of fiduciary duty action.
- Represented business founder in intracorporate dispute with business partner.
- Represented company and founder in litigation against an acquiring company over the calculation of various payments, including earnouts, guaranteed payments, and closing working capital.