Employment Law Representing Employers
Dailey LLP provides full-service labor and employment counsel to employers of all sizes, across a wide range of industries. We offer practical, cost-effective guidance to help our clients avoid, address and resolve legal problems in their workplaces. With every relationship we tailor our services to meet our client’s unique business needs, priorities and objectives.
We partner with corporate leaders, human resource professionals and in-house counsel to develop policies and practices designed to achieve their business goals, mitigate legal risks, and maintain positive working environments for their employees. When necessary, we litigate on behalf of our clients in state and federal court, before administrative agencies, and in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Dailey LLP’s labor and employment areas of experience and expertise include:
Counsel and Training
We advise clients on matters involving federal, state and local employment laws that impact their workplaces on a daily basis, including the following federal laws (and their state law equivalents):
- Title VII
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Older Workers’ Benefit Protection Act
- The Family Medical Leave Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act
We regularly counsel and provide services to clients related to all phases of the employment relationship, including:
- pre-employment and hiring
- employment contracts and executive compensation
- background checks and drug testing
- employee classification issues
- use of independent contractors and consultants
- wage and hour compliance
- pay equity issues
- employee discipline and performance management
- workplace culture, diversity and inclusion practices
- employee disability and reasonable accommodations
- employee leaves of absence
- employee health and safety
- workplace policies, procedures and employee handbooks
- termination decisions
- severance and separation agreements
- noncompetition, nonsolicitation and confidentiality agreements
- reductions-in-force and business restructuring plans
- labor-management relations (union campaigns; grievances/arbitrations; collective bargaining negotiations and contract administration)
- COVID-19-related workplace issues
We also work with our clients to develop and provide supervisor and employee training programs to insure consistent, company-wide enforcement of, and compliance with, personnel policies and practices.
When litigation is necessary, we defend our clients in state and federal court, before regulatory and administrative agencies, and in alternative resolution proceedings.
When employee complaints in the workplace arise, it often is advisable for employers to use outside counsel to conduct independent investigations of those complaints. We have extensive experience in conducting such investigations in a prompt, thorough and efficient manner. When our clients choose to internally handle a workplace investigation, we serve as a valuable, behind-the-scenes resource.
We conduct both comprehensive and targeted workplace audits to help our clients proactively identify and address compliance weakness areas regarding their employment practices and policies. We also assist our clients in preparing for, responding to, and complying with, regulatory audits conducted in their workplaces.