Our team has experience conducting internal investigations, especially where complex accounting or workplace harassment and discrimination issues are involved. While many of these engagements are non-public and confidential, some recent examples include:
- Represented a special committee of the Board of an energy supplier in connection with an internal investigation into whether certain potential tax liability issues were properly accounted for and disclosed.
- Represented the Board of a nationwide fast casual restaurant chain in connection with an internal investigation into whether the prior owners, board and management made misrepresentations about the financial condition of the entity during certain transactions.
- Conducted independent investigation for a regional law firm stemming from a female partner’s sex discrimination and retaliation complaints.
- Conducted independent investigation for a large Pennsylvania employer following a director’s complaints of sexual harassment and hostile work environment based on sex.
- Conducted independent investigation for a Philadelphia-area school district related to employee allegations of district-wide age discriminatory practices.