Construction Law Transactions & Litigation
Finding solutions to problems before they escalate
Dailey LLP’s Construction Law Practice Group has decades of experience with all facets of the transactional and litigation needs of the commercial construction industry. The firm helps clients in both the prosecution and defense of commercial contract litigation before state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, and New Jersey. Dailey LLP attorneys regularly engage in the arbitration and mediation of construction industry claims and disputes before the American Arbitration Association and other dispute resolution entities.
Our clients include:
- Public and Private Owners
- Colleges, Universities and School Districts
- Condominium Associations
- Developers, General Contractors and Subcontractors
- Construction Professionals
- Regularly prepare professional design service, design-build and GMP agreements for major university construction, including new construction, additions and renovations to instructional, infrastructure, athletic, biopharmaceutical, biological, medical, engineering, and other facilities.
- Prosecuted an Ivy League owner’s defect claim on its historic and renowned synthetic running track against the contractor and manufacturer, obtaining a favorable resolution.
- Defended and favorable resolved a subcontractor’s multi-million dollar extended general conditions claim against the owner and Design-Builder on a pharmaceutical facility owned by a major international pharmaceutical company.
- Obtained favorable settlement for public school district against design professionals for a dangerous structural design defect that required closure of school building until correction of defective work.
- Won a $1.5 million trial verdict for specialty tree and landscaping contractor’s claim against owner, affirmed on appeal.
- Counseled prestigious higher education institution on rights against mechanical maintenance and chiller system water treatment contractors for premature corrosion of chiller equipment.
- Achieved recovery for a major university whose athletic facility gymnasium flooring incurred damages caused by water infiltration during a roofing project.
- Obtained favorable resolution for special needs school arising from defective roofing work claim.
- Mediated and achieved settlement of extra work and extended general conditions claims on multi-prime school district construction.
- Negotiated and drafted tie-back and other related easement agreements for construction on adjacent lots for several historic churches in Philadelphia.
- Drafted contract documents for new construction, additions, and alterations for numerous visual arts institutions in Philadelphia.
- Prosecuted claim for renowned Philadelphia area performing arts venue for defective design to rainwater collection system.