White Collar Defense Investigations
Safeguarding your reputation and rights when it is all on the line.
Criminal matters present special challenges that demand experienced, adept representation. With over 100 years of combined experience in such matters, our trial-tested team provides unparalleled representation at every stage of a proceeding. From investigation to grand jury, to trial and appellate review, we have represented hundreds of targets, subjects, and witnesses in nearly every type of matter, including the following areas:
- Wire Fraud
- Mail Fraud
- Securities and Commodities Fraud
- Financial Services Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Marketing & Advertising Fraud
- Consumer Fraud
- Tax Fraud
- Money Laundering
- RICO / Racketeering
- Mortgage Fraud
- False Claims Act Violations
- Pharmaceutical Offenses
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Charges
- Antitrust Violations
- Defense Contracting
- Public Corruption
- Internal Corporate Investigations
Our collective experience as both criminal and civil prosecutors makes us uniquely suited to guide clients through the most challenging matters. We have tried well over 100 cases to verdict in virtually every type of forum and use that experience as a team to obtain the best possible results for each and every client.
Representative Engagements and Outcomes Include:
- Acquittal on all money laundering and securities fraud charges in high profile, month-long trial; all other
- Obtained immunity for CEO of major public company in parallel criminal and civil investigations into trading of company’s securities.
- Prosecution declined in insider trading case in which client’s partner was sentenced to prison.
- Prosecution declined in international mass marketing fraud.
- Prosecution declined for prohibited international purchases from sanctioned countries.
- Probation in two separate cases of widespread mass marketing fraud.
- Probation for bank officer convicted of taking kickbacks and bribery.
- Probation for government procurement employee convicted of bribery.
- Probation for “pill mill” pharmacist.
- Minimal home confinement sentence for corporate officer convicted of pharmaceutical manufacturing violations.
- Counsel sales manager in DOJ criminal investigation of leading credit card company for improper sales and tax matters.
- Secured favorable disposition—including no charges—for trader of American Depository Receipts amid parallel DOJ and SEC investigations into bid rigging.